You are not logged in.

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 10:36am

Feedback and questions: Update 1.5.8

Hello,

Please post your feedback and questions regarding Update 1.5.8 in this thread. Thanks!

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 1:31am

I play in the IPhone version and since the patch came out, when I open the app I get a notice that I need to upgrade the app to version 1.5.8 but when I click the link To upgrade in the App Store, it doesn’t show a new version. It still gives me the open button and not the upgrade button. So I am stuck. Please help!

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 9:50am

If someone says that NEEDS an increase from 400 bags to 500* bags, my thought (and that of any logical thought-processing-player) follows this line: "the OP is lacking something much more important than bags"

Purple Lamp, or whatever the name Sproing wishes to be called now, have unprecedentedly, given an almost immediate, concrete and positive, official answer to this suggestion by saying "yes, we will give you this increase on the next update". One only needs to take a look at the many other ideas and suggestions written throughout the years, on the section chosen by the OP -where many of these are to be found lacking even a courtesy answer from the mods, especially in recent times- to realise what is being made, consciously or subconsciously, crystal clear here:

- Any simple tweak that could somehow increase revenue is appreciated and welcomed. Regardless of the necessity, in real terms, of such a suggestion.

- The number of players "needing" something, supporting, or coming up with equivalent or even identical suggestions as previously presented by others, is absolutely irrelevant.

- Ideas and suggestions aimed merely at increasing the enjoyment of the gaming experience are being ignored, some have been so for years, independently of how many times these have come up.

- ideas and suggestions aimed at making the game more player-friendly and efficient have, and are, being systematically ignored.

Which leads me to the following question: if an iOS app player has 400 bags, nevermind 500, do you know how many clicks the player needs to do to, for example, sell sand to the system? Taking into account that after having sold 10 units (5 or 3 depending on the item) he/she will have to restart all over again to sell another 10 units, and so on...

That aside, are you even aware that the items in the bags fail at trying to follow an alphabetical order? therefore every iOS app player that has the game in English has to memorise the "idiosyncratic order" given to some of these items. This player will have to take the alphabetical errors into account in order to to calculate the number of clicks needed to get to them, that is, because in 2 years Sproing has failed to provide a search button for iOS app.

Now, the developers could entertain themselves at analysing data such as:

- how many players are "in need" of 500 bags?

- how many players are iOS players?

- what has been the dropping rate of iOS players from the game?

- how many players stopped playing because he/she considered there was an insufficient number of bags available?

And yes, this is feedback.

*seen on the German forum

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dafnix" (Oct 25th 2018, 10:05am)

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 9:58am

I play in the IPhone version and since the patch came out, when I open the app I get a notice that I need to upgrade the app to version 1.5.8 but when I click the link To upgrade in the App Store, it doesn’t show a new version. It still gives me the open button and not the upgrade button. So I am stuck. Please help!

Wait a few seconds looking at the screen and you should see the OPEN option changing eventually to UPDATE.

Alternatively if you go to App Store - Updates, the game should be listed and can be updated from there, regardless of it still appearing as OPEN when the game itself forwards you directly to the Asterix App on App Store.

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 11:48am

If someone says that NEEDS an increase from 400 bags to 500* bags, my thought (and that of any logical thought-processing-player) follows this line: "the OP is lacking something much more important than bags"

Purple Lamp, or whatever the name Sproing wishes to be called now, have unprecedentedly, given an almost immediate, concrete and positive, official answer to this suggestion by saying "yes, we will give you this increase on the next update". One only needs to take a look at the many other ideas and suggestions written throughout the years, on the section chosen by the OP -where many of these are to be found lacking even a courtesy answer from the mods, especially in recent times- to realise what is being made, consciously or subconsciously, crystal clear here:

- Any simple tweak that could somehow increase revenue is appreciated and welcomed. Regardless of the necessity, in real terms, of such a suggestion.

- The number of players "needing" something, supporting, or coming up with equivalent or even identical suggestions as previously presented by others, is absolutely irrelevant.

- Ideas and suggestions aimed merely at increasing the enjoyment of the gaming experience are being ignored, some have been so for years, independently of how many times these have come up.

- ideas and suggestions aimed at making the game more player-friendly and efficient have, and are, being systematically ignored.

Which leads me to the following question: if an iOS app player has 400 bags, nevermind 500, do you know how many clicks the player needs to do to, for example, sell sand to the system? Taking into account that after having sold 10 units (5 or 3 depending on the item) he/she will have to restart all over again to sell another 10 units, and so on...

That aside, are you even aware that the items in the bags fail at trying to follow an alphabetical order? therefore every iOS app player that has the game in English has to memorise the "idiosyncratic order" given to some of these items. This player will have to take the alphabetical errors into account in order to to calculate the number of clicks needed to get to them, that is, because in 2 years Sproing has failed to provide a search button for iOS app.

- how many players stopped playing because he/she considered there was an insufficient number of bags available?

Well Spoken Dafnix!!!!!