You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to The Asterix & Friends forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 6th 2015, 9:35pm

I'm excited to see the new brawl rewards but I do have a question. I understand crafted items are no longer able to be duplicated and I think that will make some interesting waves in trades and trade values (not a bad thing though). However, the Bronze Viking Shield cannot be crafted but it is no longer able to be brawled either. Is this as intended or will we be able to craft them soon?

I'm a huge fan of the safe trade change.

The paddle looks interesting. I'm making a few to see how they stack up to menhirs as they are a great way to offload wood and wooden planks. :D

Thank you so much for fixing the medium brawl potions. I like the medium block a lot!
unofficial fan made wiki here :thumbsup:

Monday, July 6th 2015, 10:05pm

I too found the game changes interesting. Fighting legions seem to become a challenge again, a change I do look forward to. How it will effect the trade and the brawling I don't know. I'm not a big participant in either, which is probably a reason why I welcome this focus back to productions. However I think the changes should have come with a update on the quest rewards, they don't really harmony with the game, demanding too valuable items for little to nothing. And now when you no longer can bet crafted items in brawl, some of them really are ridiculous.

How it really turns out is hard to tell before the dust have settled.

Monday, July 6th 2015, 10:46pm

Just a question,it is possible to reduce the time for crafting balanced sword? Are in total almost 16 hours to get to have one and 12 hours for 1 e sword, it is true that it was easy before, but now is too hard .

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 3:26am

You are asking for players feedback and opinions? Here's mine.

When I read what have been posted, I'm wondering if players just don't see all the impacts of the changes, or if they are on sproin payroll.

None sense. Now we can't brawl for any crafted items. Seriously? OK, let's look at that from an angle nobody seems to think of. We will make a medium potion of strength, using 2 strawberries, 1 salt, and 2 waters... we will make an insane damage potion using 2 iron ores, 2 lobsters, 1 rock oil, and 4 waters... will equip them to win what? 1 strawberry? 1 rock oil? 1 lobster? Of course if we play such a game day after day, we have some time to kill. Losing some time to get some items can be done, but losing time to lose items, what is the purpose? Now not only the druid and druid circle are now useless, but so are brawls. We have a new paddle to make for brawl? Awesome. ... ...

While I'm on the brawl subject, I would like to point out that there is an achievement for getting 480 000 points in brawl, giving an awesome 200 helmets! After 6 months I'm at 31 200 / 480 000 (6.5%)... After digging a little, what I found is that as awesome as it seems, (the game have been running for what? maybe 2 years?) the #1 player have a total of 345 185 points. Maybe the dev(s) behind that achievement might come and explain what was on his mind when he created it, but since i've seen many threads of this forum without a single reply, i wont hold my breath on that.

Some new achievements, at last something positive. 1 for (useless) paddles, but some more useful, like for crafting menhirs (ok, maybe not useful anymore after all...), 1 for crafting flax, 1 for collecting blueberries. Oh and some new daily quest, about the blueberry. Nice one. The first reward to get 50 blueberry is - drum roll - a cake. Someone told everyone when my birthday was, and nice thought, I received 20 cakes. When I received them, I was pleased for the gesture, but they were very, very useless. Fishes would have made a weird happy birthday gift, but would have been more useful in brawl back then. Now that brawls seems irrelevant - not to say a total waste of time - why bother giving a cake as a reward? I hope we will see some Egyptian swords as a reward soon, because as it is, I cannot say that I'm very pleased about the changes. At least we could do something with the snowballs...

With the new changes, we cannot bid "crafted" items.. but what about bronze shields? From what I know, they cannot be crafted... with a majority of accounts named "sdasdasdasa" and such, it is kind of obvious as why some steps have to be taken in order to maintain a balance, but since it is not a player-versus-player game, I'm wondering if the end justify the means. I mean, how does it affect ME that someone has 14 accounts and 500 Egyptian swords? After all, these changes affect ALL of us, because of a handful of players cheating by having multiple accounts? Why don't you just ban accounts when the same IP is used for 20, 15, even "only" more than 5 accounts?

Right now, I'm using "normal" weapons (whips, poor swords) and attacking a legion from a guild member that has 128 str, I have 82% chances of succeeding. This week end I connected, made an attack and lost on a high str legion. I went down to something like 40 str, and had to wait over 1 hour to recover. If you ask me, if you want to annoy players and get them to leave, that is THE path to take. There are many interesting players in my guild, but if I have to wait for 70-75 minutes to recover, I don't stay in game. With less weapons, it will happened more and more. When you need more or less 6 hours to make a sword, sooner or later you have to resign on using whips and poor spears, aggravating the issue. Am I the only one who see almost any "upgrades" to the game as a step backward?

I'm sure you think that more players will resort in buying weapons and shields, and you probably prefer the 1% of players actually buying stuff than the 99% of players that don't buy anything, but think about it... Do you think the 1% will remain if the majority of the 99% leave the game totally annoyed? Its a social game after all. That is my 2 cents.

Beside that, I must say that you advertising a bug fix "Medium potion of blocking" and the "Medium potion of critical hit" are working again... then few hours after we are told that "These potions might disappear when you equip your villagers with them. We are currently trying to fix this problem! The above-mentioned potions are currently not available on the market. Please try not to use them until this problem has been solved!" shows us a lot. If you feel sorry, that make 1 more, because I too feel sorry for you.

To resume my opinions in few words: You are ruining the game.
PS.: No hard feelings...I believe in freedom of speech, and you asked for it.

Keep up the good work (It's not too late and I still believe... try picking up in players suggestions for a change, it might pay more...)
Cheers.
Gaule069

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 4:07am

You want us to do more crafting. Yet it is next to impossible to get items needed to craft with.I have been playing about 4 months now and have only found a jewel one time.Pretty hard to craft balanced swords and Egyptian swords with that ratio of finding gems.I can only imagine what it will be like to fight 100 plus strength legions now.Brawling was the only way for me to keep up with good swords and shields to be able to fight. X(

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 4:10am

You are asking for players feedback and opinions? Here's mine.

When I read what have been posted, I'm wondering if players just don't see all the impacts of the changes, or if they are on sproin payroll.

None sense. Now we can't brawl for any crafted items. Seriously? OK, let's look at that from an angle nobody seems to think of. We will make a medium potion of strength, using 2 strawberries, 1 salt, and 2 waters... we will make an insane damage potion using 2 iron ores, 2 lobsters, 1 rock oil, and 4 waters... will equip them to win what? 1 strawberry? 1 rock oil? 1 lobster? Of course if we play such a game day after day, we have some time to kill. Losing some time to get some items can be done, but losing time to lose items, what is the purpose? Now not only the druid and druid circle are now useless, but so are brawls. We have a new paddle to make for brawl? Awesome. ... ...

While I'm on the brawl subject, I would like to point out that there is an achievement for getting 480 000 points in brawl, giving an awesome 200 helmets! After 6 months I'm at 31 200 / 480 000 (6.5%)... After digging a little, what I found is that as awesome as it seems, (the game have been running for what? maybe 2 years?) the #1 player have a total of 345 185 points. Maybe the dev(s) behind that achievement might come and explain what was on his mind when he created it, but since i've seen many threads of this forum without a single reply, i wont hold my breath on that.

Some new achievements, at last something positive. 1 for (useless) paddles, but some more useful, like for crafting menhirs (ok, maybe not useful anymore after all...), 1 for crafting flax, 1 for collecting blueberries. Oh and some new daily quest, about the blueberry. Nice one. The first reward to get 50 blueberry is - drum roll - a cake. Someone told everyone when my birthday was, and nice thought, I received 20 cakes. When I received them, I was pleased for the gesture, but they were very, very useless. Fishes would have made a weird happy birthday gift, but would have been more useful in brawl back then. Now that brawls seems irrelevant - not to say a total waste of time - why bother giving a cake as a reward? I hope we will see some Egyptian swords as a reward soon, because as it is, I cannot say that I'm very pleased about the changes. At least we could do something with the snowballs...

With the new changes, we cannot bid "crafted" items.. but what about bronze shields? From what I know, they cannot be crafted... with a majority of accounts named "sdasdasdasa" and such, it is kind of obvious as why some steps have to be taken in order to maintain a balance, but since it is not a player-versus-player game, I'm wondering if the end justify the means. I mean, how does it affect ME that someone has 14 accounts and 500 Egyptian swords? After all, these changes affect ALL of us, because of a handful of players cheating by having multiple accounts? Why don't you just ban accounts when the same IP is used for 20, 15, even "only" more than 5 accounts?

Right now, I'm using "normal" weapons (whips, poor swords) and attacking a legion from a guild member that has 128 str, I have 82% chances of succeeding. This week end I connected, made an attack and lost on a high str legion. I went down to something like 40 str, and had to wait over 1 hour to recover. If you ask me, if you want to annoy players and get them to leave, that is THE path to take. There are many interesting players in my guild, but if I have to wait for 70-75 minutes to recover, I don't stay in game. With less weapons, it will happened more and more. When you need more or less 6 hours to make a sword, sooner or later you have to resign on using whips and poor spears, aggravating the issue. Am I the only one who see almost any "upgrades" to the game as a step backward?

I'm sure you think that more players will resort in buying weapons and shields, and you probably prefer the 1% of players actually buying stuff than the 99% of players that don't buy anything, but think about it... Do you think the 1% will remain if the majority of the 99% leave the game totally annoyed? Its a social game after all. That is my 2 cents.

Beside that, I must say that you advertising a bug fix "Medium potion of blocking" and the "Medium potion of critical hit" are working again... then few hours after we are told that "These potions might disappear when you equip your villagers with them. We are currently trying to fix this problem! The above-mentioned potions are currently not available on the market. Please try not to use them until this problem has been solved!" shows us a lot. If you feel sorry, that make 1 more, because I too feel sorry for you.

To resume my opinions in few words: You are ruining the game.
PS.: No hard feelings...I believe in freedom of speech, and you asked for it.

Keep up the good work (It's not too late and I still believe... try picking up in players suggestions for a change, it might pay more...)
Cheers.
Gaule069
I couldn't agree with this post above, more if I tried!! It is dead on! I already know of several players who have quit because of the "changes", and I am hearing a lot of others who are talking of doing the same! You claim that you made the changes because no one was "crafting" anymore??? Seriously? I currently play this game for far too many hours everyday, and I don't know of ANY players that aren't crafting things, including weapons! Crafting is a necessary part of the game. The way that I see it, you are after players money....plain and simple! Congratulations...you have managed to turn a fun game into something fairly pointless! The object of the game is to fight the romans, and yet you have now removed our ability to do just that! You want us all to compete in a brawl tournament, and you have now removed most of the incentives for brawling! I do hope that you do indeed listen to the players who support your game, and instead of making things almost impossible, why not change it back, and instead, add other "areas" to visit, as the way we do Alexandria and or come up with new and interesting quests that don't demand outrageous items like rock oi and parsley for next to no rewards. I'm sure if the devs put their heads together, they could come up with a lot of fun and interesting things instead of trying to pick our pockets! X(

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 9:46am

Well said Gaule069 !!! I'm a big fan of trading but now everything has changed radically,have you thought how this will affect? Put in our place to. What's the point of to make a ko to win a berry or a gold ore,did not affect me the fact that i have no weapons or we can not help our friends,i sit and watch how once treat for somthing whit walue as rock oil became useless! We play this game for as we come into contact with other people and it was a pleasure ! Your answer should be who does not like it to not play ,and then we understand that our opinion does not matter!

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 10:07am

So let me try to look at it from the developer's point of view: what we need here is a game with many players, that is a lot easier to play for players who spend money on the game. Something should be done about cheating, since multiple accounts and players who have unlimited Sesterces and Resistance Points (to avoid going into the subject of how they got those) have taken over the game.
It is clear that the disadvantages of the new patch are bigger for cheaters than for regular players. In that sense, this patch has succeeded: fighting the Romans will become a real challenge again, and the Brawl Ring is reduced to what it was initially intended to be: a minigame at the side that has little to no effect on the main game. So far, so good.

But i have a few questions:
- With a Brawl Game that is of minor importance, what is the use of having a Potion System, (a Druid and Druid Circle that require a lot of rare Collectibles to make even One Potion) and a ship that provides Brawl Weapons for high prices in Sesterces?
- The value system of the Game is one of the weakest points in the design. prices in the Inventory, in the Market and on the ship are close to random. rarity has not much to do with value, it is the use of an Item that determines its real trade value. Are you aware that the Value of all Items used for brawl Weapons and Potions will drop in value to close to nothing, and that the value of Collectibles used for Weapon crafting will go up - making the weapons themselves almost untradable (because of the sky high value)?
- I am lvl 54 now, and i have gathered around 500.000 RP. since there are many lvl 40-45 players who have spent millions of RP in the game, it is clear that those have not gotten the RP by playing. If the game is designed in such a way that the only way to get RP is playing, it will be very easy to monitor if someone is playing a fair game. Wouldn't it be wise to have a strict policy on Resistance Points?

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 10:40am

Hello, we are currently reworking the item prices.

Also we are open to your contructive feedback (like "please reduce the crafting time aso.) :)

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 12:22pm

TLLX, thanks, I saw that :) I added it to my list of suggestions to improve the village brawl after the latest update !

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 3:59pm

Also we are open to your contructive feedback (like "please reduce the crafting time aso.) :)

Thank you for the update Kostetnix! Reduced craft times would really help the situation. But also an increase in drops too. If an increase in drops isn't possible, perhaps "1 craft" could produce multiple items instead. :)
unofficial fan made wiki here :thumbsup:

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 2:14am

To add to the things above, i also think there should be a reduce in the cost of the paddles. I get the idea, i think it is good that we can use up our lumber, however, now i have to chop so much wood, that i go out of food all the time, and cannot get enough of straw or stones. Not a good rate i think, 10 planks + 25 wood.... :/ Pls do rethink that.

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 8:52pm

Seeing as we are no longer able to bet our cooked dishes in brawls now, can the costs of building upgrades be greatly reduced? Otherwise, trying to upgrade our buildings will be next to impossible to accomplish.

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 9:17am

Thank you all for your feedback. We will realease another update soon to deescalate the current situation for you!

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 12:47pm

A short impression of what the patch has done to trading:

The value of coal (being the main bottleneck for producing metals, leave alone weapons) has at least tripled.
The value of Pearls, gold ore and especially re gems has rocketed up.
The value of mistletoe, strawberry and other ingredients for potions has dropped below the value of 1 salt
Potions are offered for free or close to nothing.
The value of rock oil has dropped a lot. people literally state: rock oil = water
The value of a menhir has gone down 10 times, despite the fact that it takes long to craft it. This is because the stonemason cannot craft any weapons.
The new paddle, being an inferior brawl weapon, is worth nothing.
Weapons are not traded anymore.

Nobody cares to complete quests that ask for weapons, coal or dishes, meaning that most people have 5 hanging quests and do no quests anymore.
Helping each other with legions has stopped outside guilds. many guilds have asked not to do so because they want to let the Romans in and want to go back to resistnace level zero.
The activity of the players in my guild (enclosers) is going down. i hear the same from other guild leaders

I am not giving comments on this, i am just telling what i observe.

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 1:26pm

Before this game was a bit boring, after patch 34 it has become super boring! Here are my ideas for patch 35 and on:

1) At the gate "coming soon" have a ship go to Norway, mainly to collect coal. 1b) Make the drop ratio of coal go up!
2) Make a new extra mini-game like the brawl game.
3) Make other tournaments that doesnt rely on brawling, but coop within guilds.
4) Make some sort of exciting fighting between guilds.
5) Turn down the craft time, so we have more play time, when we log on.

Also....
6) Please remove your -american bought censur list- and start your own list. Its almost impossible to have a normal convo with ppl. Your list is OBNOXIOUS!
7) Remove unnecessary items like cake!
8) Show a "Water" count underneath tree, hay and stone on the right of the screen.
9) Remove all signs saying "coming soon", when in fact they are not coming at all.
10) Make a better guild msg system, so Chiefs can send msg to all guild members in one go.
11) Show a guild members last login date under "General".
12) Show more than top 3 guild xp collectors
13) Show all guild members on one screen
14) Make an internal newsboard for guild members (this is in all other MMOs)
15) Move the "disband guild" away from the menu, put it somewhere else.

Kind regards
Tjuhop

Btw the terms of use for this forum is in german!?!?!

Friday, July 10th 2015, 3:30pm

Liked your suggestions Tjuhop. Esp the go somewhere and get coal, could be a coal kern/hut as well (yay... more wood needed..)

Also bringing in more minigames even if it would takes some time. Number 6 can never been repeated enough although there has been huge improvements (thank you Kostenix).

I'm eager to know when the new patch is likely to be released. Soon is a very flexible word...Not all players are interested in linger on for ever in case the developers may make a good change.

And yes - please do make the English forum page have sign up agreements in English. Pretty sure that is required by European law.

Friday, July 10th 2015, 4:08pm

Thanks again for your feedback. I really appreciate your objectivity.
We will have an update soon to deescalate the situation. We understand that there is more to fix but we want to react quickly and further adjustments can be made later on. I will let you guys know about the update and what happened there and then I will be glad to recieve your feedback again :) Also, I apologize for my English - I am not a native speaker, but I try my best :)

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 4:46am

@ Gaule069 - The reason why they cant ban via IPs is because IPs are dynamic. Ive seen debate communities ban almost a whole ISP and thereby banned thousands of customers, because the IP was dynamic. Ive heard of whole families playing this game - parents and kids. So even if the IP is not dynamic, the whole family will not be able to play if they so choose to ban any type of IP. Its tricky!