You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to The Asterix & Friends forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 11:28pm

Already existing Wiki

A new Wiki about the game is in progress and we are invited to hepl building it, but there is a very nice completely finished Wiki already: FarOff's Wiki.
So if you have any questions about any subject, please check in here: http://asterix-and-friends.wikia.com/wik…d_Friends_Wikia
Regards from Osdorpix

"CETERUM CENSEO CENSURAM ESSE DELENDAM"

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 11:48pm

Actually I though FarOff's wiki looked a bit better. Maybe it's just me, but even after I pick pure English, and nothing but English by teutatis there are some german gibberish and french babbel text. Okay it was just one tiny sentence, but it really put me off. And to rub it in even further it was above the menu of the Wiki. And the side menu had an odd mix of my native language and English. Was just confusing. And also the huge advert for wiki writers up on top - turn off for me, should be below the menu. I dunno, I just don't like what your market department do. (Don't make me start on my german log-back-in page, or the violation of consumer rights when signing up on this forum).

And there is only 2 pages - Surely this can't have taken you guys the months and months you have been claiming to work to present us with a good wiki before launching it.

Sorry for hijacking your thread to let out steam and disappointment Rozemerijnix.

Totally agree: Use the good old user made Wiki !! Much much better

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 12:30am

You may hijack any of my threads for venting like this, Quack. :-) I totally agree. It's useless to spend time in making a Wiki when FarOff already made one which is very complete and useful.

It would be nice if the time spent on making two pages of a new Wiki was spent on making new content for the game or on fixing bugs or at least on showing us a list of known bugs. It also would be nice if some of the questions on the app page were answered, We, the players, would appreciate that a lot. We really don't need a new Wiki.

Edit Anamatt : delete link...One link is enough ^^
Regards from Osdorpix

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anamatt" (Jul 8th 2016, 3:53pm)

Friday, July 8th 2016, 3:49pm

Important Information: This is a fan made wiki based on the Asterix and Friends game. It is not associated with any official channels related to the game, including the related forums or FB pages. You can go to the OFFICIAL WIKI here.

Look on the main page of FarOff page ! and there are plenty other wikia BUT this one is the OFFICIAL WIKI :
Asterix and friend... in English, French and german

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anamatt" (Jul 8th 2016, 3:56pm)

Friday, July 8th 2016, 4:51pm

Hmm, Anamatt.
- The fan made Wiki also tells us (politely of course) about bugs in the game, like the falling down sky. The official Wiki doesn't of course. Was that the reason to make an official Wiki?
- And why is an official Wiki better than a fan made Wiki that is already complete?
- Did FarOff ever receive a 'thank you' for her work for us, the players?
- When can we see a list of known bugs (like we used to) and when will they be fixed?
- When can we expect anything in stead of the coming soon signs?
- Wouldn't it be nice if the time spent on making a new Wiki was spent on doing things we would really like?
Regards from Osdorpix

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 12:08pm

Regarding the wiki, they are not developers who write it. They take care of the smooth running of the game.

Monday, July 11th 2016, 9:11am

Hello everyone! We do know that some players already wrote very nice guides and created awesome wikis. We also contacted some of them earlier to ask for their help for our wiki.
It is really not that we do not like or appreciate fan made wikis, but there is sadly no way for us to promote those wikis. Here is why:
- we do not have administrational access as developers to this wiki
- fan made wikis oftentimes include ads (even for other, similar games like Asterix & Friends)
- we cannot know how long this wiki will be online - the owner could take it down at any time

A wiki can only exist, grow and improve by the work of an active community. So we would be very happy to get some help from talented and motivated writers.
We made this new wiki because we really think that having a wiki is great and useful and surely not because we thought that the existing wikis are not good in any ways.

I hope you understand.

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 12:12pm

I totally see your reasons, and I am not against Asterix & Friends have their own official wiki, written by players. I actually think it is a good idea.
BUT: The reason it was taking so long, I was told, was because you guys wanted it to look the best ( layout) and not be an empty wiki by the time of the launch. Two things in my opinion Sproing failed to deliver. If Sproing struggle to find people to help them write the English wiki, there is a reason for it.

The unoffical fan-wiki is much much better! The link should be posted at the end of this thread.